The IT-Works 3d Titan Aero PRO “X” Toolhead Designed for Lulzbot 3d printers comes standard with Hardened Hobb Gear, .5mm or 1.2mm E3D Hardened Steel Nozzle X, E3D Precision 30w or 40w Heater, a Polycarbonate Fan duct and either a E3D Titanium Heat Break for 1.75mm or a Micro Swiss Wear Resistant Heat Break for 3mm. Volcano version will use the 40w heater.
IT-Works developed this toolhead for the Lulzbot 3d printers using a E3D Titan Aero extruder and V6 hot end to give you these benefits:
- Lighter weight stepper and components improve printhead placement accuracy and reduces wear
- Shorter filament path improves filament retraction and extrusion accuracy. By having a short, well constrained filament path, the Titan Aero is great for flexible filaments. It minimizes places where filament can bend, buckle and jam, giving a better flexible printing experience. The short filament path is also beneficial for regular filaments by improving extrusion responsiveness. This means that extrusion can start and stop more immediately, giving accurate, cleaner prints.
- Precision machined gears ensure accurate ESTEP calibration, and make for more consistent performance over time
- Surround cooling duct improves print performance. Here’s a real world example E3D Titan Aero duct improves print performance
- Able to print abrasive filaments like carbon fiber, or glass fiber reinforced filaments, but can also print all normal filaments.
- Very quite in comparison with a stock toolhead.
- Ability to print solid and flexible filaments without changing toolheads
- Titan Aero is built on the E3D V6 all metal design, allowing you to reliably print any thermoplastic at temperatures of more than 300°C.
- It’s also been designed to take standard V6 heatbreaks, so that you can interchange components from E3D’s entire modular ecosystem to suit your needs. Choose from temperature sensors, heater cartridges, Volcano, or one of the E3D’s 92 different nozzles.
- Available for 1.75mm filament, giving you a wider filament selection. Consider going this route. Cura 3.x makes it easy to set up a machine and profiles for 1.75mm, and we will be testing a multi filament option that only works with 1.75mm.
– 24V power supplies
– Aerostruder firmware – V1 or V2 depending on model.
– V2C toolhead connector or newer Mini 2/Workhorse/PRO style connector – Adapters available.
We build these toolhead per order, and test every single one before it goes out to ensure quality prints.
60 day warranty and support from IT-Works
*** This is not a LulzBot® product and LulzBot® does not support or warranty this toolhead ***
Installing, Using, and Maintaining the LulzBot® TAZ E3D Titan Aero toolhead:
For additional great information, visit E3D’s Titan Aero Wiki.