Posted on

IT-Works’ web page isn’t slow anymore!

Thank you to all of you who have been patient with the poor performance of our website while we attempted to resolve the issues with our prior host, our site is now much faster!

Yesterday we were able to begin switching to WPengine, and have completed the migration today. ¬†We found WPengine’s migration tools, support, and guides to be excellent. If you’re not satisfied with your current wordpress and woocommerce hosts, defintely check out WPengine.
We hope you’ll find the website’s improved performance, and new features we’ll be adding to make your experience much more enjoyable!

Thanks again!
Jamie.

Posted on

Custom Pink LulzBot Mini 3D Printer

pink 3d printer lulzbot mini

Jodi wanted a pink LulzBot Mini 3D printer for (last ūüėČ ) Christmas.

Jamie and Jodi finally finished it!

We collected the necessary¬†LulzBot Mini parts¬†and our friends at Chroma Strand, maker of premium Inova-1800 filament over-coated the bed plate and chassis in “Prison Pink”¬†Cerakote for a tough, smooth finish.

Mini parts coated pink, and 3d printed parts
As the LulzBot logos are laser etched through the factory finish, they still appear through the cerakote.

 

As the LulzBot logos are laser etched through the factory finish, they still appear through the cerakote.

 

 

Printing LulzBot Mini parts with a LulzBot Mini. Reprap FTW! reprap.org The printed parts were printed from LulzBot’s open source Mini files. We used a mixture of Mini V1.03 “Foxglove” and updated V1.04 “Gladiola” pieces (Z lowers, X connector cover, Beefy Idler/latch). ¬†If you have a Mini, be sure to use the production tuned .gcode files for production quality, strength, and blazing fast print speed. ¬†We even have the heat inserts you need.

 

Jodi worked on building her own LulzBot Mini 3D printer. Mounting the cable relief to the left side panel

 

The X/Z carriage assembled using a mix of foxglove and gladiola pieces.

Y carriage and spool arm mounted to the chassis
Final assembly began in earnest over the last few months. XZ assembly, RAMBO and Y harnesses mounted to the chassis Many heat inserts were inserted with the heat insert soldering iron. We salvaged and built the wiring harness (the most difficult item to replicate) in bits and pieces over time until it was complete.
Electronics mocked up in the control box. It’s running!
Electronics after tidying and finish mounting of ferrites
The result is a beautiful, great printing Mini for (very patient) Jodi. Bonus points for those that can spot the final change shown in these last two pictures.

 

 

 

 

Jodi’s message for you all. Thanks for checking out our build. We hope you’ve enjoyed it!