IT-Works developed this toolhead for the LulzBot® TAZ around the E3D Titan Aero extruder and Volcano hot end to give you the ability to print high speed strong prints. It does this by using a 1.2mm nozzle, which allows thicker layer heights of .3mm-.8mm or more, printing upwards of 80-100grams per hour. The thicker layer width requires fewer passes to achieve thick shells, and the larger filament extrusion makes for stronger prints with better adhesion between layers.
- Precision machined gears ensure accurate ESTEP calibration, and make for more consistent performance over time
- Surround cooling duct improves print performance. Here’s a real world example E3D Titan Aero duct improves print performance
- Optional hardened parts reduce wear when printing abrasive filaments
- Titan Aero is built on the E3D V6 all metal design, allowing you to reliably print any thermoplastic at temperatures of more than 300°C.
- It’s also been designed to take standard V6 heatbreaks, so that you can interchange components from E3D’s entire modular ecosystem to suit your needs. Choose from temperature sensors, heater cartridges, or one of the E3D’s many different nozzles Volcano nozzles.
- Available for 1.75mm filament, giving you a wider filament selection. Consider going this route. Cura 2 makes it easy to set up a machine and profiles for 1.75mm
The included nozzle size is 1.2mm
Want upgrades for better durability with abrasive filaments (E3D Hardened hob, Micro Swiss wear resistant heat break, E3D Titanium Heat Break, nozzles, etc)? Add upgrade parts to the cart and a note during checkout and we will install them at the time of purchase.
– 24V power supplies (all TAZ 3,4,5,6)
– Flash printer to LulzBot®’s MOARSTRUDER Hexagon Firmware for TAZ 5 and TAZ 6 with firmware update with Cura LulzBot® Edition)
– V2C toolhead connector
60 day warranty and support from IT-Works
*** This is not a LulzBot® product and LulzBot® does not support or warranty this toolhead ***
For best results with your toolhead, please follow the guides below
Installing, Using, and Maintaining the LulzBot® TAZ E3D Titan Aero toolhead:
For additional great information, visit E3D’s Titan Aero Wiki