Have your 3d prints split or warped due to a cold draft, or you’d like to have your LulzBot Mini on display, but you can’t due to pets or curious fingers? This
LulzBot Mini enclosure kit by Printed Solid is for you! Made of acrylic sheet with t-nut joints, this kit lets you print your own corners in the color of your choice, and is assembled with simple hand tools.
IT-Works can also print the corners and install the kits for folks within our Colorado service area!
Contact us for details and pricing.
Jodi wanted a pink LulzBot Mini 3D printer for (last 😉 ) Christmas.
Jamie and Jodi finally finished it!
We collected the necessary
LulzBot Mini parts and our friends at Chroma Strand, maker of premium Inova-1800 filament over-coated the bed plate and chassis in “Prison Pink” Cerakote for a tough, smooth finish. Mini parts coated pink, and 3d printed parts As the LulzBot logos are laser etched through the factory finish, they still appear through the cerakote.
As the LulzBot logos are laser etched through the factory finish, they still appear through the cerakote.
Printing LulzBot Mini parts with a LulzBot Mini. Reprap FTW! reprap.org The printed parts were printed from LulzBot’s open source Mini files. We used a mixture of Mini V1.03 “Foxglove” and updated V1.04 “Gladiola” pieces (Z lowers, X connector cover, Beefy Idler/latch). If you have a Mini, be sure to use the production tuned .gcode files for production quality, strength, and blazing fast print speed. We even have the heat inserts you need.
Jodi worked on building her own LulzBot Mini 3D printer. Mounting the cable relief to the left side panel
The X/Z carriage assembled using a mix of foxglove and gladiola pieces.
Y carriage and spool arm mounted to the chassis Final assembly began in earnest over the last few months. XZ assembly, RAMBO and Y harnesses mounted to the chassis Many heat inserts were inserted with the heat insert soldering iron. We salvaged and built the wiring harness (the most difficult item to replicate) in bits and pieces over time until it was complete. Electronics mocked up in the control box. It’s running! Electronics after tidying and finish mounting of ferrites The result is a beautiful, great printing Mini for (very patient) Jodi. Bonus points for those that can spot the final change shown in these last two pictures.
Jodi’s message for you all. Thanks for checking out our build. We hope you’ve enjoyed it!