IT-Works developed this hardened toolhead for the LulzBot® Mini around the E3D Titan Aero extruder and V6 hot end to give you these benefits:
- Utilizes a Hardened Hobb, a Hardened Steel Nozzle, and a Wear Resistant Heat Tube(3mm), or Titanium Heat Tube(1.75mm)
- Lighter weight stepper and components improve printhead placement accuracy and reduces wear
- Shorter filament path improves filament retraction and extrusion accuracy. By having a short, well constrained filament path, the Titan Aero is great for flexible filaments. It minimizes places where filament can bend, buckle and jam, giving a better flexible printing experience. The short filament path is also beneficial for regular filaments by improving extrusion responsiveness. This means that extrusion can start and stop more immediately, giving accurate, cleaner prints.
- Precision machined gears ensure accurate ESTEP calibration, and make for more consistent performance over time
- Surround cooling duct improves print performance. Here’s a real world example E3D Titan Aero duct improves print performance
- Ability to print solid and flexible filaments without changing toolheads
- Titan Aero is built on the E3D V6 all metal design, allowing you to reliably print any thermoplastic at temperatures of more than 300°C.
- It’s also been designed to take standard V6 heatbreaks, so that you can interchange components from E3D’s entire modular ecosystem to suit your needs. Choose from temperature sensors, heater cartridges, Volcano, or one of the E3D’s 92 different nozzles.
- Available for 1.75mm filament, giving you a wider filament selection. Consider going this route. Cura 3 makes it easy to set up a machine and profiles for 1.75mm.
The included nozzle size is .5mm, If you need a different size please add that and other upgrade options to the cart at the time of toolhead purchase.
Works with LulzBot® Mini Version 1.02 Foxglove and 1.03 Gladiola 1.04
60 day warranty and support from IT-Works
*** This is not a LulzBot® product and LulzBot® does not support or warranty this toolhead ***
Please Allow 1-2 days for build and shipping.
Installing, Using, and Maintaining the LulzBot® Mini E3D Titan Aero toolhead:
For additional great information, visit E3D’s Titan Aero Wiki