Syringe Pump Extruder
- The syringe pump extruder design allows for precise control of material extrusion, enabling printing of high-detail objects in a wide range of materials with varying viscosities.
- Note: The syringe pump extruder uses Hamilton Gas Tight 1000 Series Syringes (81420, 81520, and 81620) with X-Style Plunger and Luer Lock termination. The Bio will come with one Hamilton 2.5 mL Gastight Syringe Model 1002 TLL.
Ease to Use Interface
- The Bio features a 4.5” glove-friendly touch screen and SD card slot for easy operation without the need to be tethered to a computer.
- The LulzBot Bio’s open materials system includes ready-to-print profiles for alginate and unmodified collagen. With a configurable syringe pump system and extrusion settings, the Bio is easily adjustable for new materials and processes.
Designed For The Lab
- The small footprint and large build volume easily fits within laminar flow cabinets or on lab countertops. The rugged design can easily be sterilized for printing cells using isypropyl alcohol and UV lights.
- The LulzBot Bio’s variable temperature heated bed allows full control of environmental conditions during printing, ensuring the integrity of the print from start to removal.
Print Technology Fluid Deposition Fabrication
Print Head Syringe Pump Extruder
Maximum Print Area 160mm x 160mm x 89mm1 (6.30in x 6.30in x 3.5in1)
Minimum Layer Resolution 50 µm2
Minimum Positive Feature Size 80 µm3
Calculated XYZ Positional Resolution 10, 10, 5 µm
Recommended Operating Temperature From 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
Operating Footprint 45.7cm x 40.6cm (18in x 16in)
Connectivity USB Serial and SD Card
Print Surface Heated Borosilicate Glass
Maximum Print Surface Temperature Up to 120°C (248°F)
Print Surface Heat Up Time 23°C to 60°C (73°F to 140°F) in 97 seconds
Interface Glove-Friendly 4.5” Touch-Screen
Materials Open materials system including ready-to-print profiles for alginate and collagen.
Operating System Compatibility GNU/Linux, Mac, Windows
Recommended Software Cura LulzBot Edition (Latest Version)
Supported File Types .stl, .obj, .g, .gcode, .x3d, .3mf
Power Requirements 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz, 3.2A max
Power Supply IEC cord, C13 to region-specific connector
Safety and Compliance
Certifications UL (Pending), FCC, CE, WEEE, CSA, RCM, OSHWA
Warranty Includes one-year warranty and access to technical support seven days a week. Optional one, two, or three-year extended warranty and support terms are available.
Country of Origin Made in USA from domestic and imported components.
What’s Included** LulzBot Bio
Quick Start Guide
50g Sodium Alginate
LifeSupport™ support material
1g Alcian Blue 8GX – Water soluble cationic dye
Hamilton 2.5 mL Gastight Syringe Model 1002 TLL
Box of needles (50pk) – 25 gauge
Box of needles (50pk) – 30 gauge
2 Syringe thumb screws
35mm Petri dish
Glass 50mL Crystallizing Dish
Allen wrench set
Long nose pliers